RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT:
Resource Development mobilizes community volunteers and other resources in practical support of the United Way mission statement “To strengthen our community’s capacity to address social issues.” This position will be responsible for raising funds in a variety of streams annually on behalf of United Way’s community partners.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Resource Development Associate is a fundraising professional. Under the direction and guidance of the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing the United Way TNC annual campaign and will be based in Kamloops BC. This position works with staff, volunteers and the community to carry out campaign strategies to meet United Way’s resource development goals and organizational objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibility Area: Fundraising
- Create and maintain key individual and corporate relationships to meet fundraising objectives
- Participates in the development of the overall campaign plan and assists in implementing the plan
- Analyzes data on assigned relationships and, using a standard operating procedure, implements plans for donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and accountability
- Tracks and monitors activities and results for assigned workplace campaigns ensuring accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in the database; prepares ongoing evaluations
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and campaign volunteers, is responsible for setting both financial and non-financial goals, preparing and implementing campaign plans and strategies in accordance with provincial Resource Development objectives, plans and timetables
- May conduct or reviews research on prospective donors; develops and recommends approach strategy
- Works closely with account volunteers to develop plans, set goals, monitor activities, identify problems, and prepare action plans to resolve problems
Key Responsibility Area: Volunteer Support & Leadership
- Works closely with senior and key volunteers to engage and motivate them to be ambassadors for United Way
- Works with senior and key volunteers to develop, implement and evaluate fundraising strategies
- Provides information, fund-raising expertise, and support on planning and coordination of workplace campaigns to Campaign Volunteers
- Assists with volunteer recruitment, orientation and evaluation
- Works with the Director to identify and build volunteers and community connections
Key Responsibility Area: Resource Development
- With the assistance of a Senior Manager, Workplace Campaigns, leads and support from other Campaign Associates (as available) and volunteer teams during campaign. This includes training and orientation to campaign; leadership and fund-raising guidance; problem identification and resolution as well as final evaluation
Key Responsibility Area: Regional Support
- In conjunction with the Executive Director supports community based initiatives and operational support as needed to strengthen vital connections across the TNC region
- Participates as a member of the staff team in regular departmental and inter-departmental activities. Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Two year diploma in an applicable discipline
- Two years direct charity fund-raising. An equivalent level of sales, marketing and/or management experience may be considered
- Experience working with volunteers at various levels throughout the community are preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience, acceptable to the employer, will be considered
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of fund-raising and sales practices and principles
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set and achieve financial goals
- Demonstrated skills managing multiple projects and multi-tasking
- Ability to motivate others, to coordinate the work of others, and to follow-up and ensure work plans are fully implemented and executed
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions
- Ability to motivate and lead volunteers and work as a team member
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, be responsive and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability in accounting, analyzing and evaluating financial reports
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Additional languages are an asset
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite of office programs preferred
- The incumbent must provide their own vehicle and possess a valid BC driver’s license or have alternative means for meeting the requirements of the job.