Job Title: Community Campaign Manager
Department: Resource Development
Supervisor: Executive Director
Organizational Role: Community Campaign Manager
In order to inspire people to come together to make a lasting difference in our communities, the Community Campaign Manager will participate in raising resources strategically to meet the needs of United Way’s Community Impact Plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be informed of all current United Way Resource Development and Community Impact Activities
- Managing the development of fundraising goals and effective relationship-building strategies within key fundraising accounts.
- Managing the relationships with corporate partners.
- Working in concert with the Senior Manager of Resource Development on Direct to Donor strategies within the workplace.
- Working in concert with Manager of Resource and Community Development – Cariboo on campaign strategies in the Cariboo region.
- Providing support in areas of volunteer management, coordinating and delivery of training and making effective use of donor management system.
- Develop, coordinate and implement training sessions for fundraising volunteers.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive information in/for the Customer Relationship Management system called Andar.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships for the purpose of business development (new campaigns and donors) including Days of Caring volunteer initiative.
- Monitor, lead, track and analyze specific fundraising campaigns and events, identifying corrective measures where necessary.
- Develop and deliver effective and appropriate presentations and information to diverse work environments and one on one with individual donors.
- Have excellent initiative, be a self-starter, work well independently, be extremely organized and communicate constantly with co-workers via email, text, social media and phone.
- Manage the recruitment and training of Sponsored Campaign Representatives (SCR’s).
- Work effectively within a budget.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Executive Director
- Senior Manager Resource Development
- Resource Development Manager – Cariboo
- Other staff and peers
- Campaign Cabinet and Campaign Cabinet Chair
- Volunteers and General Public
- Corporate Partners
- Campaign Volunteers
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- 3 years of proven success in events, fundraising, marketing, communications and volunteer management
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to successfully negotiate, convince, persuade, motivate and inspire
- Relationship building abilities
- Flexibility in hours of work (weekends, evenings and early mornings)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Professionalism – tact, courtesy, diplomacy
- Strong team player
- Computer literate – proficient in business software applications
- Strong judgement and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet and exceed goals and objectives