The ideal candidate will be professional, confident, outgoing and have a desire to learn more about their community. Prior event planning and project management knowledge and experience required. They must have public speaking experience and exemplary communication skills. They must have their own transportation and will be reimbursed mileage (the car will be used to transport supplies to and from events. They must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Event planning
- Project management
- Written communication and presentation skills
- Working in a team environment
- Working with volunteers
- An overall understanding of the non-profit sector in the Thompson, Nicola, Cariboo Region
- Excellent computer skills and experience with website building and editing
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Promote and represent United Way in the community by understanding and communicating the work they do to support the community in their three focus areas.
- Co-ordinate Day of Caring® projects. Match community organizations with businesses on a project, coordinate an orientation meeting, prepare supplies for day-of, attend day of event, and follow up with participants. This data to be entered in our CRM software, Andar.
- Execute activities related to fundraising events
- Work with the Communications Manager to update Facebook, Twitter and the United Way blog with United Way events and projects.
- Manage a budget for all events and volunteer activities.
- Perform general office duties as required by the Office Administration.
- Steward and cultivate relationships and partnerships that enhance United Way’s role and mission.
- As required support United Way’s resource development and investment processes
Please apply for this job through Charity Village: CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!