The Graphic Designer will work directly under the Communications Manager to design and produce in-house marketing and communications materials for United Way. They will also handle design requests from other departments as needed.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented (triple checks for typos), creative, and proficient with the latest versions of the Adobe Creative Cloud design software (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and WordPress.
Excellent time management skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities is a must.
Prior graphic design experience in a professional setting is an asset.
This position starts as of May 1, 2015 and on a per project basis until September 2015. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely.
As of September 2015 the successful candidate will work 7 hours per week. The position will last from September 2015 to April 2016, with possibility for an extension beyond April 2016. As of September 2015 the successful candidate will be required to come into the office 3 hours per week.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Monday, April 13 to be considered for this position. Please no phone calls.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Use Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop to produce print-ready marketing materials (ads, fundraising materials, etc.) and web-ready images (sharable images, website assets, etc.)
- Ensure all design projects conform to United Way’s national brand framework
- Liaise with print shops and ad salespeople to confirm the technical specifications of design projects
- Update United Way website through WordPress dashboard
- Take on miscellaneous marketing and communications projects (ie. website audits) as required
- Photography skills and access to own DSLR camera equipment an asset, but not required