Are you professional, confident, outgoing student who has a desire to learn more about your community? Join the team at United Way TNC this summer in Williams Lake as a Resource Development Associate.
Prior event planning, project management and public speaking experience is an asset for this role, as well as and exemplary communication skills. This 30-hour per week position is for a 10-week term for the duration of the summer.
Successful applicant must have access to a vehicle and be able to lift 20 lbs. A criminal record check will be required after a successful interview.
Due to funding requirements for this role, applicants must be returning to post-secondary program in September.
Job Title: Resource Development Associate
Position: Temporary, 30 hours per week over 10 weeks (Williams Lake, BC)
Department: Resource and Community Development
Supervisor: Manager of Resource and Community Development
The primary role of Resource Development Associate is to support the Manager of Resource and Community Development with Days of Caring ®, Seeing is Believing Tours, bc211.ca promotions, Services Map and community events.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DAYS OF CARING®
• Support coordination and delivery
• Match community organizations with businesses on a project
• Coordinate orientation meeting
• Prepare supplies for day-of
• Attend day of event
• Follow up with participants
SEEING IS BELIEVING TOURS
• Facilitate Seeing is Believing Tours for United Way donors
• Match a group of organizations with businesses for walking group
• Coordinate meeting with organization orientation
• Attend day of walking tour
SERVICES MAP/COMMUNITY EVENTS
• Research and compile community services
• Create map of community with community services
• Ensure that local community events and celebrations are both promoted and identified to United Way staff, volunteers and stakeholders
• Participate in and support other community events during the summer as needed i.e. National Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Children’s Festival
• Promote United Way’s free online resource bc211.ca
• Public speaking and PowerPoint presentations
• Internal: Executive Director, Manager of Resource & Community Development, Community Wellness Team
• External: Volunteers, Stakeholders, Community members, Community Funded Partners
• Returning student
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• General Knowledge of computers
• Work with Director of Communications for blog posts, Facebook and Twitter posts
• Overall understanding of the non-profit sector in the Cariboo Region
• Working with volunteers
• Reliable vehicle and driver’s license in good standing
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Project management
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong computer skills (Excel, fundraising databases, web based fundraising platforms, etc.)
• Communication and teamwork skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Respectful of confidentiality
Please send resumes and cover letters to Ashlee Hyde, Manager of Resource and Community Development by May 2, 2018 to email@example.com or drop off at TRU Williams Lake, office 2034. Short listed applicants will be contacted and interviewed Friday May 4, 2018.